Friday, April 16, 2010

Not Nice...

One of Ramey's new sayings:
Not Nice

I try hard to avoid over using "no" and try to tell Ramey what I want her to do rather than say "no hitting" "no biting" "no throwing" etc. (when you say "no _____" those with short attention spans only hear the _______ part so they may continue to ____ therefore I try to focus on what she should do; be nice, gentle, walking walking, quiet voices) Some instances there isn't a good alternative so I'll say "not nice" (I do this at school too; more so to help the kids develop language skills rather than being physical: hitting/biting and to say I don't like that, stop, that's not nice)

Back to Ramey, since she is at school with me, she hears this there too (the other teachers have started saying it too) The other day one of her teachers told me she had started to say this and I had a little laugh...

This morning while we were snuggling in bed, Ron went to rub/pat Ramey's back and she turns to him and says "not nice" Guess she wasn't in a snugglely mood after all.

Another cute story:
Ron got tickets to the Blackhawks playoff game tonight and while we were waiting for his ride we waited outside with him. Ramey was not happy to see him go and began having a fit. She started crying for Dada and I swear she was saying "why" in between her whaling and cries for Dada... I couldn't get the video camera fast enough


Not from tonight but still cute

No comments: