Monday, August 9, 2010

2 & 3 weeks

Two Weeks
I love how he crosses his feet!

Our first week home alone(ish)... so far so good!

All our "help" has headed home, so it's just the four of us now!!! It was wonderful having the help but it's nice to start working on/getting back into a routine.
Ethan and Lefty just hanging out
We went for Ethan's 2 week WBV Sunday.
weight 7-14
height 21
head 14
(The Dr didn't give us his percentiles)

Although he is gaining, the ped wants us back again next week for another weight check since he didn't make it back to his birthweight. We went thru this with Ramey, so am familiar with the drill... I guess I grow big-ish babies but make tall skinny kids. I'd be more worried if he didn't grow in length as well... but he is up an inch and half from birth.

As for me, I'm doing well and healing nicely...only need my meds occasionally (usually when I've over done it) but Ron has been great at entertaining Ramey in an attempt to keep me from over doing it. He even took her to see her first movie this week!!! (Toy Story 3) Jealous I wasn't there but glad they got in some daddy/daughter bonding time.

*
*
*

Started this with the intent to post it durning week 2, but here I sit at 3 1/2 weeks without it posted... oops!

WEEK 3

We went in for our weight check on Sunday and Ethan was up to 8lbs 8oz!! I knew he would be fine with his weight gain but wasn't about to argue with the ped (it is neat to watch them gain and know how much they weigh) His jaundice is pretty much gone, even his eyes are almost back to normal. We go back on the 26th for his 4 week WBV... wow, 1 month... where does the time go!

He isn't a huge fan of tummy time, but it's a must! His neck is getting stronger and he is getting better at holding his head up! Overall he has been sleeping very well... every now and then I get a 5+ hour stretch at night, will be nice when it's a consistent thing...
Ramey "helping" with tummy time


This week was my first week home alone with 2 kids!!! We even made it out of the house, once... will shoot for twice next week! My daily goal of a shower, make-up and making the bed was met completely most days... It's amazing how much better I feel when I am able to accomplish these simple things, now I just need to try to have them all done before noon! (may be a challenge giving that the shower tends to take place while Ramey is napping, although once this week, she got to go swimming* while I showered (*play in the tub thanks to separate tub/shower)

Ramey does very well with Ethan... she asks to hold him and loves to give him kisses... and tell him "shh" to help him get to sleep. She even tries to get him to take his pacifier! (If only I could get her to help with diaper changes LOL)
Enough, mama... Time to go play!

Ramey initially refused to let Ethan use the bouncer... whenever we tried it was a massive screaming fit... Luckily things have changed:

Enjoying an afternoon on the deck:








No comments: