Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Dadda!!!

This weekend was Ron's birthday weekend.... Happy Birthday Honey!!!

We had a very full and busy weekend with great weather!
(warning... picture heavy)

Ramey and I let Ron sleep in a bit and walked to the store to pick up a few things, including coffee. He was up when we got back, so we then walked to our usually breakfast joint and sat outside, enjoying the beautiful morning.

After breakfast we made a quick stop at home, took care of some business at Ohio and then it was off to enjoy the day.

Ramey had a day full of first...

We started out with her first CTA train ride... Dadda felt it was important to protect her delicate ears... She wasn't too crazy about the idea to start but soon appreciated his concern
Here comes our train

she was into watching all the people, just like her Dadda... I wasn't too surprised when I caught her sitting on her hands so she wouldn't touch anything.

Next up was a visit to Millennium Park Faces...
Ramey wasn't too sure what to think at first
I couldn't get my phone out fast enough for this shot... she was holding her feet up, like there is no way you are going to set me down in that water... luckily a screaming fit did not follow:It took only a second for her to realize how much she loves playing in waterI have a video as to why she ended up dress as she is, have to figure out how to download it from my phone... She had a blast running and jumping
Dadda's turn to run/play too
Off to "the bean"Monkey see, Monkey do:
Ramey has entered a stage of copying actions... notice the girls to the right "holding/leaning" into the bean. Ramey was fascinated by them and started "copying" everything they did

We then spent some time just walking around before Ramey started to enter melt down mode, we then opted to walk somewhere for lunch and the little monkey crashed on the way.
We walked back up to Chicago Ave (about 1 mile north) where Ron and I were able to enjoy a nice lunch while Ramey took a cat nap...

Then it was time for the bus!! We got luck with an empty bus when we boarded, so we headed to the back where Ramey had fun people watching and looking out the windows.




Whenever the bus would stop or go (which happens A LOT) Ramey would say "WEEEEEE!!!" I'd say she really enjoyed the bus ride.

That night Uncle Brendan came over to stay with Ramey while we went out for Indian for Ron's birthday dinner with friends (plus got some gelatto for dessert.) It was great to get out but I may have over done it a bit as I started to get some Braxton Hicks cx that evening and was pretty useless Sunday as would get uncomfortable/crampy whenever I did much of anything (much better today!)

Overall, I think Ron had a great birthday weekend (no red velvet cake this year but did pick up a slice carrot cake for him, chocolate for me ;-P )

1 comment:

V. Wight said...

Hi Julie,

I'm not sure if you remember me, but it's Nan from our Baby Center IC thread. I've been checking in with your blog since Ramey's birth--she's so adorable. I wanted to let you know that there are a large number of us who are still in touch after all this time--watching each other's children age through their first and second years and some of us are pregnant again, as I noticed you are--congratulations!

We have gathered on Facebook and have a private thread where we keep in touch--it's just like old times on BBC. If you ever want to join us, let me know. You can find me on Facebook by my full name: Vanessa Rachel Wight (listed in Maryland--even though I have since moved back to New York).

Very best to you and your family,
nan