Saturday, March 6, 2010

A well household

For the past two weeks, we've been fighting various illnesses...

The girls took me out to high tea for my birthday so it was a daddy-daughter day (with some time with Uncle Brendan too!!) Thought things were going great as hadn't heard anything, that was till I got the text that said: "Ramey just threw up on me"

And then it began... we stayed home from school that Monday and we were sent home on Wednesday... not because of Ramey but because now mommy was sick... not even keeping down water :-( It's not easy being sick and taking care of a 17 month old, did lose 4lbs!!! (don't worry, it's all back now!) It took some time but we slowly started feeling better... Then Saturday morning, Ramey woke with a cough which I wasn't sure if it was in her chest or not and Friday night she had a low grade fever, so... good thing our ped has Saturday hours!! So off to the ped we go... Luckily not in her chest, just your run of the mill URI... no meds, just lots of fluids and run a humidifier...

She seemed better the rest of the weekend and the cough is slowly going away!!!

Then Thursday came... Ron woke up with what he thought was food poisoning... but we had the same thing and I felt fine... I think it was the stomach bug... either way he is feeling better and I now have clean sheets and a clean bathroom (thanks honey!!!) as I refused to be in the same room as him till he was better and the room cleaned!!

Hoping we stay healthy this weekend!! (Especially since the sun is finally shining and it's not below freezing, may have to head to the park after nap!)

1 comment:

Brian Nafziger said...

That must be one heck of a bug...our entire family (excluding yours truly) is just getting over the same symptoms. It's amazing it traveled all the way down to Southern Il, I mean Blo-No ;) ;)