Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sick Baby Update

Monday night things got worse... She did great all afternoon but as the night went on her temperature kept going up... It's scary to see 103.5 on the thermometer. It did go down with Motrin which was great but she woke up at 4 am again with it back at 103.

Ron stayed home with her this morning and I was with her this afternoon... Her temperature was down into normal range all afternoon!!! She was acting great, talkative and playful... I *almost* canceled the dr appt I made.

So very glad I didn't... her fever was back :-(

I explained everything to the dr and she thought that it was most likely a virus and would need to run its course...

Then she checked her ears... surprise...surprise

Ear infection AND a small rupture!!! (no wonder she was so clingy/cranky/pissy)

She is taking an antibiotic as well as ear drops. Still not sure about a virus. We are going to stay home again tomorrow just to be on the safe side... if she has/had a virus I don't want to continue to spread it

Let's hope she feels better before Saturday for her big birthday bash!!! Then it's off to the Ozarks

No comments: