Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 23... May Fest

Ron and I made our way up to May Fest this weekend for some German beer and brats with German potato salad (yum!!), unfortunately no beer for me, but think Ron had enough for both of us {j/k :-)} It was great to spend some time with the Zajaks and Jim.

Overall it was a great time, till I wanted to sit down... The boys were wonderful and made there way back to the tent. I asked one table if an empty chair was taken, thought I heard him say "take it" but he said "it's taken..." Fine don't give a chair that is only holding air to a pregnant lady (by the way NO ONE ever sat in the chair during the time I needed to rest...) However there was a wonderful woman waiting for her husband who gave me her chair!!! After a few beers (for the boys) I decided it was time to head home and get dinner, so as the boys were finishing up and elderly couple approaches looking for a seat, especial for the husband who looks like he could fall over any minute... Again, NO ONE would give up there chair!! Ron attempted to take what looked like a vacant chair and was reprimanded by the father of 2 (who yelled out "THAT'S MY CHAIR" Unbelievable... so the pregnant lady (me) gave him a chair... I just could not believe how un-respectful these people were, granted I'm not huge and completely obviously pregnant,but wow major eye opener

1 comment:

Brian Nafziger said...

That's you southern hospitality showing though.