Saturday, September 18, 2010

Potty Training

I feel like we've been in a potty training holding pattern for a long time...

The last month or so of my pregnancy, Ramey really started to show some interest in potty training, but given my state, it wasn't something I was ready to tackle but got the potty chair, the big girl panties, m&m's and pull-ups... Every now and then she would sit but we never had much success, we had 1 or 2 instances when we "caught" it and timed it right.

Well I'm feeling back to normal and am able to bend over so I'm ready to put a little more attention into potty training, I just hope Ramey doesn't fight me too much and still has some interest in doing it... I also would like to get it somewhat underway sooner than later, as next week we start some classes.

I was starting to worry that we had missed the window and we were going to really struggle... The m&m's have taken that worry away!

Day 1 - Monday
I decided to give potty training more attention... Got Ramey to sit on the potty chair but only for a few seconds, she then wanted a pull-up... No biggie will just set the timer and have her sit every 15-20 mins and keep her water cup full. She stayed dry all morning but no success on the potty chair... After nap she went diaper free.. a few accidents but a success too!!

Day 2 -Tuesday
"pee pee on the potty... pee pee on the potty" Success, first thing in the morning!! A few more hits (and misses) thru out the day.

Day 3- Wednesday
Just like Tuesday... She is wanting to sit more...that and she knows she'll get a chocolate when she sits, looks like it might be time to up the ante

Day 4 - Thursday
More of the same... when home she is diaper free and is getting closer... we are having more hits than misses, even caught a poo!!! Not sure if I'm ready to tackle the outside world... at least the park has a bathroom, which we did visit this week...

Day 5 - Friday
We are on the right track!!! Definitely getting closer... Still taking her to sit every hour, but she is starting to head there on her own, sometimes right after she has already gone... but that's a start!

First thing Saturday morning she asked for the potty and went!!! Mornings are better than afternoons, but we are getting there!

Next week is the first week of a bunch of classes/play groups so may stick to pull ups while we are out but visit the potty before, during and after... very excited to be cutting down on our diaper purchase...

Potty training with an infant in the house has presented its own set of difficulties... it never fails that she has to go (and/or goes) while I'm with Ethan, even if she just sat (or it could be a ply for more attention... hmmm) I do see the light at the end of the tunnel

No comments: